When I was a little girl back in Youngstown, Ohio I was a fan. My father I am sure wanted a boy. So as a little girl I was introduced to the world of sports. I am still a fan of baseball, football, and basketball. I was grateful my father introduced me to it all.
So this past Sunday I enjoyed a day at the park. It was Donate Life Day, and we all wore t-shirts that reflected what our cause was. Along side of us were about 400 fans dressed in the same attire. It was the perfect spring day. The sun was warm on my face, a cool breeze and a very exciting game. The Diamond Backs won. My grandsons fell asleep about the 7th inning, but all in all it was great fun and I love that my family shared the day with me.
I remember going to the Cleveland Indians game in 1952, it was a World Series game. The anticipation of that game is still a fond memory. We had no car, but there was a train that went from Youngstown to Cleveland. It was a real adventure for a 7 year old. I was so excited to share it with my dad. He loved it so. I loved him so. We arouse early that day, packed our brown bag lunch to eat on the train and off we went. I wish I had pictures of that day, but the picture has stayed in my mind as well as the love that my dad afforded me that day. Thank you dad for all the good times and special memories.
Keep your memories alive and remember those moments that touched and shaped you. They will keep you warm at night. And keeping memories alive keeps love alive.
So go create a memory with the ones you love.



Beautiful as always, Love, Jen
ReplyDeleteThank you Jen, I am always delighted when I hear from you. You make my days. Love, Gerri
ReplyDelete