Over Halloween weekend I attended Author 101 University in Las Vegas. My first book "Waiting to Die, Wanting to Live" is being published by Morgan James Publishing. The gentlemen in the picture are David Hancock, the one on the left and Rick Frishman owners and partners of Morgan James Publishing.
It started when I was thirteen years old when my mother gave birth to my baby sister Debbie. I had been the only child and was happy but sad at the thought of sharing my time with a new baby. I was only thirteen years old and working my way through puberty. So many feelings I didn't know how to share or talk about with others. Then I picked up a pen and a diary/journal and started to write those feelings down. It was to be the beginning of a dream...a dream of one day becoming an author.
Meeting with the team of Morgan James Publishing and other entrepreneurial writers and idea people both excited me and gave me the realization that my dream is closer than I ever thought it could be. The trials of continuing on and having a knowing that if I follow this path it will all come to be gives me a joy that is beyond words. I can almost smell it and taste it...the book held between my hands with my story folded neatly behind the pages, hoping that someone will find a pearl of wisdom or an answer to a question that could change a life or give one encouragement. That is what I want my writing and my messages to reflect.
With the encouragement and deep friendship of my friend Jen, I want to thank her for being there for me, and for being there for herself. This is not an alone journey and if you think that to be I would say that without the support and love from someone walking the same path it can get mighty lonely. I don't think either one of us will ever be lonely on our journeys. Find someone who cares about you and your work and keep them close by.
Remember to keep your heart open for unexpected gifts. like friendships. You never know when you might need a friend to fill a need. The world is full of unknowns, it helps if we are ready.
We must all reach out to others, support their visions and dreams while we begin to live ours. Be generous in your giving and your dream will be realized at just the right time. Maybe not your time, but the right time.
I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all, but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess. Corrie ten Boom
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Author Gerri Galiffa
Popular Posts
-
This is National Donor Awareness Month. I am reminded everyday that I am a kidney transplant survivor and remain humbled that I have been gi...
-
Over Halloween weekend I attended Author 101 University in Las Vegas. My first book "Waiting to Die, Wanting to Live " is being pu...
-
Anybody that lived in Ohio or Pennsylvania in 1950 will remember this storm. They called it the great white blizzard, the Thanksgiving snows...
-
The picture of the monk walking peacefully down the path of life reminded me of my own journey in the past week. That finding peace is what ...
-
Relative calm is the title of this photo. I love every aspect and every color in this picture and what it represents. The crescent moon br...
-
Writing...that has been my passion. Storytelling has been my way of communicating with the world. I have been away from it for awhile,...
-
When I was a little girl back in Youngstown, Ohio I was a fan. My father I am sure wanted a boy. So as a little girl I was introduced to the...
-
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, what are you giving your loved one? What would you like to receive from your loved one? Br...
-
It was May 2003 when I approached a small quaint chapel in Yosemite Park, California. This is the picture of the original chapel taken by A...
-
The snow crunching beneath my feet and the starkness of the white covered ground brought me to a place of quiet repose and reflection. I am ...



Beautiful, Gerri! You are such a wonderful inspiration!
ReplyDeleteWith Love,
Susette
Thank you Susette,
ReplyDeleteWill be looking forward to hearing and reading about your travels.
Much Love,
Gerri
Congratulations Gerri! Thank YOU for inviting me to be a part of your journey, for being the kind of friend that supports, inspires and helps others be the best they can possibly be, all the while trusting in God's divine plan. I will never be able to measure or count the blessings your friendship has brought into my life. Love you, Jen
ReplyDeleteHi Jen,
ReplyDeleteNo need to thank me, you are special without any assistance from me. But thank you for sharing and trusting that our deep friendship will be a forever journey of learning, growing, giving and loving.
Love you,
Gerri