Are you ever surprised by God's goodness? Watching this beautiful sunset reminds me that I am grateful to see another sunset, another day another year.
Feeling healthy is a little mind boggling for me. There was a time not so many years ago I was just grateful to be able to get out of bed on my own, breathe without oxygen or popping a nitroglycerin tablet...and of course being tethered to a dialysis machine 10 hours a day. I am free of it all. Free to feel joy, free to achieve peace and free to be all God wants me to be.
I wasn't expected to live beyond 54 or 55 years old. I will be 65 this year and physically and mentally I have never felt more alive or more at peace.
Leaving behind a life of chaos and freeing my mind of overwhelming stress has healed my body, mind and soul. I don't refer to myself as the heart patient or kidney patient. I see myself as healthy and whole and God has continued to bless me.
I consider myself a heart, dialysis, and transplant survivor.
So let your morning be a surprise and try and live your day with joy, giving back, loving those in your life, and remember to use your words and thoughts carefully so that your body remains strong and your spirit will continue to soar.
We become who we say we are. So become who you want to be.
Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
(Prov. 12:18)



No comments:
Post a Comment