Thursday, January 13, 2011

Generation to generation...

I wonder what my son is thinking in this picture of two generations?  He looks pensive and maybe he is reading a book or showing his son Dylan how to work a new toy.  They are sharing a moment, father and son.  Sometimes I wish I could make my children's lives easier and care free. I pray for them daily and ask God to touch their lives and keep them safe.

As I was driving around today it suddenly occurred to me that God does watch over them but it isn't God who needs to wake them up, but it is themselves that must pursue and seek God. I think we get that backwards sometimes and may lose our own faith thinking that God is not doing His job. But God is doing His job, we need pray that the person will have his own awareness of God and seek Him out on their own. If we think God can fix all, we must remember that God expects much from us and we must be diligent in our own grown and learning. We must trust God and learn to trust that others will find their own way.

It has been a difficult week in our country. If we all would just take a breath, look around at the blessings we have and look for the goodness in people, we would fare well. God teaches us compassion, love, and understanding. We must do that for all, not just those we think are worthy. If you have someone in your life that you don't think is worthy, think again.  We all make mistakes, have personal struggles and battles, we all have pain, sadness and lose. But we all deserve love and a prayer to help us find our way.

Please be kind to someone today. It isn't important that you feel better, but that you have made someone else feel worthy and loved. I pray that my words, thoughts and prayers will be remembered generation to generation.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless...Mother Teresa

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."  Psalm 32:8 NLT


1 comment:

  1. "Before they call I will answer, while they are yet speaking I will hear" Isaiah 65:24

    ReplyDelete

Gerri's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Author Gerri Galiffa

Popular Posts