Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lost Prayers...


Have you ever been on your knees praying for someone or something and never heard from God regarding that prayer?

The world would have you believe that we need to pray again, try harder, don't quit!
Give it just one more shot and maybe God will hear us. Maybe He didn't hear me the first time, maybe He was busy doing something else? Really!!! Here is where trust and your own thoughts about positive prayer and hearing from God are put to the test.

The first time you don't receive an answered prayer, or if the answer is not to our liking we quit praying and we quit believing. Patience is a learned and earned virtue, without it we lose our faith, hope and we lose the promises of God.

In my first book "Waiting to Die, Wanting to Live", I share my own personal story of not having my prayers answered (at least I thought they weren't answered) for about 8 years. I was gravely ill and wanted nothing more than to get a new kidney, get off dialysis and get on with my life. But God had other plans for me...He always does. I was not expecting that it would take almost 10 years for my health to return to some normalcy, but indeed that is how long it took.

Through my illness and my recovery period I learned that when I prayed I had to leave the prayer alone and wait for it to be answered. At first I was impatient, I couldn't figure out why God wanted me to wait? But prayers that are always heard are not always answered to our liking. So my own thoughts about lost prayers is this: There are no lost prayers, they will always be answered. You may not like the answer, you may be impatient, but you must never loose faith and the promise and reassuring love of God. Prayer is the open door to God.

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. (Rom.4:20,21)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gerri's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Author Gerri Galiffa

Popular Posts