This message hit home for me in the past few weeks. We are coming to the end of another year, and 2011 will be upon us before we know it.
I sometimes wrestle with the knowing that others don't understand what or how I am feeling, and get frustrated on some level. But as I have grown older and I thought a little wiser it is more important that I understand myself first. If we have no understanding of self how do we expect others to know who or what we are?
Good question? Do I have an easy one answer solution? I do not. For it is in our growing that becomes a knowing. At times we grow weary and just want to rest our head, our thoughts, our busy minds, and our bodies. This time of the year brings about that quiet hibernation time for me. I love nothing more than a chilly afternoon, a drizzle or pouring down of God's tears, a loud clap of thunder and a quiet house filled with the aroma of chicken soup cooking on the stove, and sipping a hot cup of tea with lemon and honey that soothes my mind and body.
To get to know self we must become quiet, empty our minds, and feel all we need to feel. Whether that be tears of sadness, joy or a release of sorts, we must feel and release to be able to receive. Sometimes we hold on too tight to those feelings, not allowing others to see our pain because those we love most may think we are weak. But I have found for myself if I don't release, life just continues to nag at me and I can't receive God's love or joy.
I am grateful everyday, but I still have moments of pain, sadness and regret, I just don't live there. That is how I am getting to know myself, by being myself. That is how others have begun to know me. Don't be afraid to be you and allow others in.
Let the wind carry away your fears, tears, and sadness and allow the warm sun to shine on your face and your heart. As you begin to know and love self others will follow.
We all go through pain and sorrow, but the presence of God, like a warm, comforting blanket, can shield us and protect us and allow the deep inner joy to surface, even in the most devastating circumstances.
Love in my life always protects. Love in my life always trusts. Love in my life always hopes. Love in my life always perserveres. (1Cor. 13:7)
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Author Gerri Galiffa
Popular Posts
-
Over Halloween weekend I attended Author 101 University in Las Vegas. My first book "Waiting to Die, Wanting to Live " is being pu...
-
This is National Donor Awareness Month. I am reminded everyday that I am a kidney transplant survivor and remain humbled that I have been gi...
-
Anybody that lived in Ohio or Pennsylvania in 1950 will remember this storm. They called it the great white blizzard, the Thanksgiving snows...
-
The picture of the monk walking peacefully down the path of life reminded me of my own journey in the past week. That finding peace is what ...
-
Relative calm is the title of this photo. I love every aspect and every color in this picture and what it represents. The crescent moon br...
-
Writing...that has been my passion. Storytelling has been my way of communicating with the world. I have been away from it for awhile,...
-
When I was a little girl back in Youngstown, Ohio I was a fan. My father I am sure wanted a boy. So as a little girl I was introduced to the...
-
It was May 2003 when I approached a small quaint chapel in Yosemite Park, California. This is the picture of the original chapel taken by A...
-
The snow crunching beneath my feet and the starkness of the white covered ground brought me to a place of quiet repose and reflection. I am ...
-
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, what are you giving your loved one? What would you like to receive from your loved one? Br...




Awesome! All I can say...Amen. Thank you Gerri, your life is an inspiration, your words, food for the hungry soul. May we always be hungry! Love you, Jen
ReplyDelete