
It was a rainy day today, I loved it, still a cold breeze in the air and the much needed rain was a blessing. The wind howling and the rain slapping against the windows was a respit for those of us who live in the desert.
My grandson and I were very lazy and I choose to take a nap with him wrapped in a warm blanket,cuddling on the couch. I could feel his soft breathing on my chest and the occasional hug around my neck. One of those moments that you need to take the time to enjoy. Sometimes we need to treat moments, especially small ones as if this could be the last time he will lay with me. And the truth is the last time will come so surrender to the moment.
Talking to a friend tonight I was sharing with her that I am still excited by where my life is going and how I am going to get there.
I used to wonder how my life would be and what directions and turns in the road it would include. I have traveled many roads. I have felt joy, sadness, pain, anguish and much love. In retrospect love has been the greatest of them all. Even the little loves of life...you know a good cup of coffee,the sweet fragrance after the rain, a rainbow, the freedom a friend gives you to be yourself, (that would be you Jen) and the unconditional love that is there if you only reach out to touch it.
I have things that I need to change in myself, but the greatest gift I give myself is the willingness to learn, change, grow, and love others unconditionally.
Stay excited about your life, look forward to what is ahead. Whatever it is you are looking for it will present itself. But you must be ready, remember we only come this way once, and I don't want to miss any of the blessings God has for me.
I follow the way of God's love. ( 1 Cor. 14:1)



Gerri, Your observations bring tears of joy to my heart and I am in awe of your beautiful and amazingly courageous spirit. I carry you with me where ever I go and daily draw strength and inspiration from our friendship. I love you friend, thank you for sharing life with me. xo Jen
ReplyDelete