Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Intersecting of time...


I just finished reading Mitch Albom's new book The Time Keeper. I love the way he writes and shares a story. He is one of my favorite story tellers.

Like this child trying to catch the bubbles or releasing them, that is how I see time! We all interpret this picture differently. What do you feel when you see this picture?

Have you ever wished it was yesterday? Have you ever wanted to rewind time and go back to fix or change something in your own life? Have you ever wanted it to be tomorrow because today is too painful?  I think we all have.

Let me share a day in my own life.


It's funny how a day can present itself. It can be joyful and full of anguish at the same time.  One day not so long ago I was celebrating a joyful event in my life. We were toasting and feeling that sense of joy that makes you giddy.  As we finished toasting, a received a text with such devastating news it took my breath away. What to do with all that emotion? I had no clue! I didn't know whether to cry, laugh, or fall to my knees with such anguish.


It was an intersecting of time...something we have no control over. So what do we have control over?
I think only the day you are presented with!  And if you are not present in that time you miss the gift of the day and of time.


So I just let myself feel all the emotions that arouse inside; you know that kind of emotion where your throat tightens and you have no control! I cried, I asked why, I became still and quiet, so I could hear what the universe was trying to tell me. There was no magic answer, truth is life just happens, good and bad. We only have control over our own day and our own faith!  I think is is God's way of testing our own personal faith. So when I am filled with sadness or grief I truly have to hand it over to God. There is nothing else to do!


When you look at your life today, is it where you want to be or think you should be?  How do we know if we are in the right place at the right time?

The truth is we don't know. We are where we are because that is all that time allows us. It only affords us today. No promise of tomorrow, no returning to the past.

I wonder sometimes what my life would be like without a clock or watch. Do you realize how many times you check the time during a 24 hour period? Have you ever been someplace where you are truly alone for a day without keeping time? I have been to a few and the feeling of freedom that comes without being on a schedule is a gift.

It is important that we live in the moment of the day. When you are not keeping time, your day becomes like a slow moving cloud in the sky...just flowing at its own pace and allowing you the gift of not keeping time!

I learned long ago that you don't lose anything by waiting on God, or losing track of time.  When you do things in the right time, in the right season and with the right purpose...God will surely bless you!

So today won't you enjoy time with yourself, with family and or friends and try not looking at your watch for just a day. I wish you a time filled with love, joy and a little bit of heaven on earth.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own...Matthew 6:34








No comments:

Post a Comment

Gerri's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Author Gerri Galiffa

Popular Posts