Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Release...

Like the candles dancing in a purple haze of hope, we need to release that which does not belong to us, and release that which we cannot change. A flickering of hope gives us the opportunity to change ourselves, our views. and to see in ourselves and others God's great opportunities that He affords us.

It is amazing to me that we, men or women, think if we prayer hard enough, wait long enough or sometimes talk loud enough that others will hear us. Voices and thoughts are not always heard by those we care for the most. The louder your voice is, the least likely they are to hear you. Speak quietly, gently and with kindness in your voice and you will find people straining to hear what you are trying to say. Kindness and grace can make all the difference.

Letting go and releasing that which is unmovable, unchangeable, or not to our liking is one of our biggest challenges. I cannot change what people do, who they are, or how they affect me personally. I can only change my perception and how I view life in all its glory.

I juggled many visits with those I love and every visit had its own face of joy, sadness, fear and love. My emotions were high, low and somewhere in between.

Today I release all those things I cannot change to God and pray that I remain grounded, focused and full of love.

By loving God, life, people and ourselves, we will find what it is we earnestly seek. Love someone earnestly today.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10 NIV 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gerri's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Author Gerri Galiffa

Popular Posts